I am writing to give you an update on our COVID protocols. In light of 1) the increasing percentage of St. John’s parishioners being full vaccinated, 2) reviewing the latest CDC and local guidelines and, 3) additional conversations with Bishop Glenda Curry, we will begin to make the following changes over the next few weeks:
- May 23
- We will close the rail for communion and offer bread only while keeping a station on the floor.
- June 6
- We will offer intinction.
- We will remove the tape from the pews and begin passing the plate for the offering.
- It is probable that we can allow mask wearing to be an individual choice beginning on June 6th, if not before.
- We will continue to offer the 10:30 am liturgy on Facebook and on YouTube.