Highlights from the Annual Meeting
St. John’s Episcopal Church
January 24, 2021
- Our treasurer Richard Bradford reported that overall financial health of the parish was quite favorable, especially in light of the coronavirus pandemic. Parishioner giving proved to be strong and generous
- Richard present the 2021 budget which had been approved by the Vestry earlier this month. The balanced budget reflected some changes to expenses and revenues due to operating the church in a pandemic with limited in person events and programs.
- Outgoing senior warden Jimmy McLemore was recognized for his leadership over the last year which including the retirement of a 25 year tenure, the completion of a rector’s search process and navigating the parish through a pandemic.
- The following communicants were elected to the Vestry for three year terms.
- The faithful ministry of Helen Crump Wells who voluntarily served St. John’s as treasurer for 25 years was recognized through the creation of a new award. To be given annually, The Helen Crump Wells Lay Ministry Award will recognize the faithful and dedicated leadership of a lay person at St. John’s. The first ever recipient of the award is Fred Tyson. Fred has served in almost every capacity of leadership at St. John’s as a lifelong member. He has led by example and by grace with a firm faith in God and in the people of St. John’s.
- Following the annual meeting, the Vestry held elections for officers. Radney Ramsey was elected senior warden; Will Hill Tankersley junior warden; Richard Bradford, treasurer.
- Video of the meeting can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DYzNYfOqRI
- Reports can be found at www.stjohnsmontgomery.org/annualreports