St. John’s has activities for children beginning in infancy. We offer a nursery during services and at most special events. We also offer Children’s Chapel for younger children and Sunday school for children of all ages.
Sunday Morning Children’s Christian Formation
- Toddlers will have “Stories in a Box” using materials from the Good Shepherd Program. Rosa Davis and nursery staff do presentations, have prayer, and lead song time.
- Children in Pre-Kindergarten through 1st grade will continue with year 2 of the curriculum Weaving God’s Promises. This newly released study was developed and written specifically for the Episcopal church and weaves our tradition and scripture together in every lesson. Weaving God’s Promises provides children with basic knowledge of Church teachings in three elements essential to the practice of our faith: Christian education, worship, and service.
- Children in 2nd-5th grade will begin using a new curriculum called, Building Faith Brick by Brick. This is an imaginative “Lego” series. Children hear different Bible lessons, and they reconstruct the lesson using Lego bricks, figures and building plates.
- 6th Grade is our Confirmation Class. These students spend the year learning in preparation for Confirmation.
- Link for information about Children & Youth Chorister program
- Birthday Sundays are on the first Sunday of each month, we gather in the Parish Hall at 10:10 to celebrate that month’s birthdays. We pray for those with a birthday and then share in some delicious cake!