Click Here to Fill Out the 2019-2020 Nursery Information Card
Children and Worship
- Infants are provided a caring environment in our nursery during all Sunday morning services, 7:00 a.m-12:00 pm.
- Toddlers (About 18 months-2 years old) will have “Stories in a Box” using materials from the Good Shepherd Program. Rosa Davis and nursery staff lead this program.
- Pre-K3-Pre-K4– 9:15-10:15 am class– Modified “Hands-on-Bible” curriculum using Bible Big Books and Duplo Legos!
- K-2nd grades– 9:15-10:15 am class– Weaving God’s Promises curriculum- We continue to use an updated curriculum Weaving God’s Promises. Ms. Palmer and Ms. Cissy are consistent faces in the classroom, and they love getting to know each sweet child! The children enjoy the interactive Sunday school, and they grow to know Christ!
- 3rd-5th grades– 9:15-10:15 am class– Building Faith Brick by Brick II: An imaginative way to explore the Parables with God’s people using Legos.
- 6th Grade is our Confirmation Class. These students spend the year learning in preparation for Confirmation.
- Birthday Sundays are on the first Sunday of each month, we gather in the Parish Hall at 10:10 to celebrate that month’s birthdays. We pray for those with a birthday and then share in some delicious cake!
Worship Materials for Children – In order to make your child’s worship experience enjoyable, we provide various items to help children worship during this time.
Children’s Bulletins – These are located in the Narthex in acrylic stands. There are two different sets of bulletins – one for ages three to six and one for ages seven to twelve. Both bulletins are designed to include the Gospel reading of the day.
Activity Folders– These are located in the Narthex. Children age toddler-3rd grade will enjoy many of the fun activities and treats in folders.
Miscellaneous Books – There is a book shelf located directly across the hall from the clergy vesting room. It contains miscellaneous books. While these are not specifically religious in nature, they may serve to assist your child during the worship service.
Depending on the liturgical season, other materials for children are available in this area, especially during Lent and Advent.
Children’s Chapel is offered during the 10:30 a.m. service. Our school-age children (PreK4-5th grade) leave “big” church after the 2nd reading and follow the cross to the Children’s Chapel on the 2nd floor of the Educational Building. This room is set up around a prayer table, which is covered with a colored cloth to represent the liturgical seasons. Children are picked to set the prayer table with various items available. We discuss the liturgical season and color, offer a simplified morning prayer service of songs, prayer, scripture readings, and children’s discussion. Children re-join their parents in the worship service during the Peace.
Wednesday Night Programs
In conjunction with the weekly Wednesday night programs for adults, there are special classes for children. Programs have a Christian theme and are offered for several weeks in the fall and spring.
Children’s Christian Formation Kick-Off
Each September, on the Sunday one week following Labor Day, the Children’s Program sponsors its kick-off event following the 10:30 a.m. service. This is a morning of fun, food, and fellowship that allows our parish family to come together to celebrate the beginning of the new Christian Formation (Sunday School) year. This is also the day that parents enroll their children in class and learn which rooms and teachers they will have (online registration form above).